As of September 15, 35 days before opening, nearly 300 exhibitors from 20 countries have already confirmed their presence
The naval defence and maritime security exhibition EURONAVAL will be held in Paris le Bourget from 20-23 October.
A press note from Euronaval stated, “This exceptional edition will of course be unique. EURONAVAL is the major world meeting place for the sector. Major industrialists, SME-ISE, official delegations, start-ups, all have been congregating in Paris Le Bourget from all over the world for the last 50 years discovering technologies of the future, preparing the future of navies in terms of warfare and policing, negotiating contracts and exchanging on the major naval issues.”
The press note further stated that the world health situation has forced many exhibition organisers to cancel their events since March. It is now necessary to carry on living and working with the virus. This is why the GICAN, with the support of the French Ministry of the Armed Forces, has taken a courageous decision: to maintain EURONAVAL 2020, an essential event not only for the naval sector, but also for the economy as a whole.
EURONAVAL is coming up with a formula in order to adapt to the current situation.
Health protocol: In order to welcome all groups of public in complete safety, EURONAVAL has come up with specific health protocols, which include, not more than 5000 people will be present at the same time inside the enclosure, face-masks will be made compulsory, alcohol-based gel will be freely available at all strategic points, floor will be marked to ensure that people respect social distancing in high density locations (entrances, exits, restaurants, among others).
Web-Conference: Three thematic web conferences will be organised in partnership with the Foundation for Strategic Research (FRS) to replace the opening conference initially planned at the Maison de la Chimie. High level speakers from political, military, industrial and academic fields will address major naval defence and maritime security issues. To attend the event live, registrations can be completed online using the badge order module on the exhibition website.
CYBER Naval Hub by FIC: This year, in partnership with CEIS, the EURONAVAL 2020 teams will be presenting a new pavilion dedicated to cyber security: the CYBER NAVAL HUB. Workshops and meetings on this subject will take place throughout the week.
The press statement mentioned the six companies which will be particularly prominent in this space presenting their innovations:
- FRANCE CYBER MARITIME :The maritime sector is facing increasing attacks on its systems. Ports, ships, logistics operators and all activities can have their activities deeply impacted. France Cyber Maritime, its sectoral Maritime CERT (M-CERT) and the services it delivers are the adapted Maritime response to counter the Cyber threats for SME’s up to Critical Infrastructures.
- GATEWATCHER (FR) :It produces the Trackwatch advanced intrusion and threat detection system.
- HOLISEUM (FR) : A global approach to security to secure critical infrastructures by offering services across the entire value chain of cyber security services: governance, audits, solutions, remediation and operations.
- KUB CLEANER (FR): It has developed the KUB station (Kiosk for Universal Blocking). A kiosk available to users, maintenance providers, suppliers, which decontaminates removable media in order to protect information and production systems from USB media infections.
- STORMSHIELD: A European leader in digital infrastructure security and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus Cyber Security, the company offers smart, connected solutions to anticipate attacks and protect digital infrastructures.
- TIXEO (FR): It designs and provides secure videoconferencing solutions that guarantee organisations strict confidentiality for their communications.
Aware that a certain number of countries will probably not be able to send delegations and industrialists to visit the exhibition this year, the organisers have decided to create ‘Naval-Online’, the digital complement to the Euronaval exhibition. For exhibitors, it will be an exceptional opportunity to extend the visibility of their offer and products. Each exhibitor will be able to invite visitors, clients and partners who are faraway and unable to attend. J2C-Communication will contact all exhibitors to accompany them on Naval-Online and offer them ways to customise their digital stand.
Exhibitors and visitors will be present
The organisers are ready to welcome major French and foreign industrialists. “Startups will once again be given pride of place this year in the SEAnnovation area,” as per the press statement.
In addition, more than 40 countries have so far confirmed their intention to send an official delegation to the event.
“We would like to thank all our exhibitors, new and old, foreign delegations and registered visitors who, despite the health crisis we are going through, have renewed their confidence in us. This commitment confirms the resilience of our industry and highlights the spirit of enterprise and market competition that characterises our sector as a whole,” said EURONAVAL Managing Director Hugues d’Argentré.